Parish Council Meeting 28 October 2020
Parish Council Meeting
Wednesday 28th October 2020 at 7.30pm
This meeting will be held virtually via the platform Zoom. The meeting can be accessed by clicking the following link
Using the following meeting ID: 953 9997 2648 and Password: 992590. You can also access via telephone by dialling 0208 080 6592, 0330 088 5830 or 0131 460 1196 and entering the ID and Password as above.
If you have a question or issue you would like to raise with the Parish Council, please email the Parish Clerk at least one day in advance of the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Chairman’s Welcome
3. Minutes of the last meeting
4. Public Participation
5. Borough Councillor’s Report
6. County Councillor’s Report
8. Traffic and Highways
9. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village
10. Village Events
- To approve the monthly payments
- To confirm payment arrangements in light of the continuing Covid crisis.
- Consideration of the first draft of the 2021/22 budget.
13. Councillor Information and items for the next Agenda.
14. Date of next meeting – 25th November 2020
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 28th October 2020 at 7:30pm
The meeting was held using the Virtual Platform Zoom
Present: Cllr. Shelley (Chairman), Cllr. Stringer (Vice Chairman), Cllr. Crump, Cllr. Clark, Cllr. J Davies, Cllr. P Davies, Cllr. Woodward and Mrs Amanda Kingston (Clerk).
There were no members of the public present.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
Cllr. Shelley welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Stafford Borough Cllr. Harp
3. Minutes of the last meeting.
These were read, approved and will be signed by the Chair of the meeting at the next non virtual meeting of the Parish Council.
4. Public Participation
5. Stafford Borough Councillor’s Report.
6. Staffordshire County Councillor’s Report.
No new applications
Status of Earlier Applications:
20/32945/HOU at Home Lea, Sharpley Heath Road, Hilderstone, Stone. ST15 8SJ. Application is described as minor alterations to roof verges and rendering of existing brick elevations. This has been allowed.
Following the query at the last meeting regarding building work at a property in Cotwalton Lane, Stafford Borough Councillor Harp sent an update informing the meeting that a planning application will be submitted shortly.
The consultation for the planning White Paper Planning for the Future was discussed. Resolved Clerk to respond with the following statement ‘Hilderstone Parish Council are in full support of the response submitted by both Stone Town Council and Stafford Borough Council’.
8. Traffic and Highways
Two recent accidents at Hilderstone crossroads were noted.
The latest statistics from the Speed Device have been extracted and will be uploaded to the website. Approximate costings have been obtained for a second post and set of solar panels at the other end of the village at £860 + VAT. A meeting will be held in November with SCC Highways to determine a suitable location.
9. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village.
Concern was raised regarding blocked drains. Photographs and exact location details to be sent to the Clerk for reporting to SCC Highways.
Footpath 12 has been blocked off by the land owner. This has been reported to SCC Rights of Way.
Notification has been received that the stile on Footpath 16 has been replaced. Cllr. P Davies to confirm.
A local resident has taken over the maintenance and planting of the flower box on Roebuck Hill. Resolved by unanimous decision to reimburse the resident for recent costs incurred.
The other flowerboxes have been planted with wall flowers. An invoice for Village Maintenance will be submitted to the next meeting.
The War memorial is in need of professional cleaning. Clerk to obtain quotes and bring to the next meeting.
Councillor Stringer joined the meeting.
10. Village Events.
The Village Market is running every Thursday from 9am to 12pm and also occasional Saturdays.
A service for Remembrance will be held at the War Memorial at 11:15 on Remembrance Sunday. Cllr. Shelley will lay the wreath on behalf of Hilderstone Parish Council.
- The Parish Clerk has tendered her resignation with a leave date of 31st January 2021. The post will be advertised as soon as possible.
- Staffordshire Police Smart Alert is a community messaging service which delivers updates from the local policing team direct to your email inbox. Registration is free and residents can sign up at www.staffordshiresmartalert.co.uk
- Staffordshire Fire Service Safety Plan 2020-2024 has been launched. More information can be found at https://www.staffordshirefire.gov.uk/your-service/our-safety-plan-2020-2024/
The monthly accounts were presented and noted. The current account is £13975.02 in credit and the deposit account £3133.05 in credit. Although most of these funds are allocated as indicated by the monthly accounts which are circulated to all Councillors prior to each meeting. The following payments were approved:
- HMRC PAYE due to incorrect Tax Code – £91.60
- Zoom September Payment (shared with Weston with Gayton PC) – £7.19
- Clerk Expenses £9.00
- Poppy Wreath for Remembrance – £21.98
- To reimburse costs for the flowerbed on Roebuck Hill – £35
- Donation to the Church for the maintenance of the Burial Ground – £469
- Donation to the Village Hall – £469
A discussion was held regarding methods of payments during the Covid crisis. Resolved by unanimous vote to continue with the suspension of financial regulations to allow payments to be made on line until such a time as it is safe to meet again in person. This reduces the risk of passing on the virus and the associated risk of passing a cheque book between households. Financial checks and reconciliation against bank statements will reviewed by the Chair and Vice Chair.
The first draft of the 2021-2022 budget was considered and some adjustments made. The final draft will be brought to the November meeting for final approval.
13. Councillor Information and items for the next Agenda
Cllr. J Davies provided an update on the latest Stone Area Parish Liaison Group meeting.
Items for the next Agenda
- Approval of Internal Auditor
- War memorial cleaning
14. Date of next meeting.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 7:30pm over the virtual platform Zoom. Joining instructions will be published on the Agenda. The meeting closed at 8.43pm
………………………………………………… Clerk 25.11.20
………………………………………… Cllr Michael Shelley …………………………………..Date