Parish Council Meeting 25 November 2020
Parish Council Meeting
Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 7.30pm
This meeting will be held virtually via the platform Zoom. The meeting can be accessed by clicking the following link
Using the following meeting ID: 953 9997 2648 and Password: 992590
You can also access via telephone by dialling 0208 080 6592, 0330 088 5830 or 0131 460 1196 and entering the ID and Password as above.
If you have a question or issue you would like to raise with the Parish Council, please email the Parish Clerk at least one day in advance of the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Chairman’s Welcome
3. Minutes of the last meeting
4. Public Participation
5. Borough Councillor’s Report
6. County Councillor’s Report
8. Traffic and Highways
9. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village
- To consider cleaning the War Memorial
10. Village Events
- Roebuck Public House – the Asset of Community Value status has expired. To consider whether a new application is required.
12. Recruitment of a new Clerk
- To consider the formation of a Staffing Committee
- To agree the recruitment process including dates for shortlisting and interviews.
- To approve the monthly payments
- To consider quotes and appoint an Internal Auditor
- Consideration of the final draft of the 2021/22 budget.
14. Councillor Information and items for the next Agenda.
15. Date of next meeting – 27th January 2021
DRAFT Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 7:30pm
The meeting was held using the Virtual Platform Zoom
Present: Cllr. Shelley (Chairman), Cllr. Crump, Cllr. Clark, Cllr. J Davies, Cllr. P Davies, Cllr. Woodward and Mrs Amanda Kingston (Clerk).
There were no members of the public present.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
Cllr. Shelley welcomed everyone to the meeting.
3. Minutes of the last meeting.
These were read, approved and will be signed by the Chair of the meeting at the next non virtual meeting of the Parish Council.
4. Public Participation
5. Stafford Borough Councillor’s Report.
6. Staffordshire County Councillor’s Report.
No new applications
8. Traffic and Highways
A meeting will be held with Staffordshire County Council Highways on 11th December to identify a potential location for a Speed Indicator Device at the north end of the village. Clerk and Cllr. Clark to attend.
Concern was raised regarding the condition of the road surface at the Bird in Hand crossroads.
Concern was raised regarding cars repeatedly parking on pavements in the Meadows. Clerk to provide Cllr. Crump with some wording so notices can be placed on vehicles.
9. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village.
Concern was raised regarding the removal of a finger post at the entrance to the footpath by the Church. Cllr. P Davies to replace the sign and contact Rights of Way. Cllr. P Davies to investigate the possibility of the footpath being reinstated as a Bridle Way and feedback.
Quotes are being obtained to clean the war memorial.
The trees at the Village Green will be cut back during January and February. The new Trees on Roebuck bank are growing well and an invoice will be sent to the Clerk.
10. Village Events.
The Remembrance Event in Stone went ahead and was well attended. Whilst the service in Hilderstone was cancelled due to guidance relating to Covid 19, a reading and wreath laying was held at the War Memorial to mark the occasion.
The Church will not be holding the Crib Service this year to comply with Covid 19 guidance. A normal service is currently planned for Christmas Eve.
The Village Market continues to be held on Thursday mornings between 9am and 12pm. A Christmas Market is also planned.
- Roebuck Asset of Community Value status has expired. A discussion was held regarding a new submission. Resolved by unanimous agreement to submit a new application.
- SCC Launch of the Happy at Home Campaign to support residents across the county to lead healthier, independent and happier lives.
- London Hearts – £200 towards defibrillators
- Updated contact details of the local policing team.
- Katharine House fund raising letter – Resolved by unanimous agreement to donate £30 to Katharine House
12. Recruitment of a New Clerk
Closing date for applications is 29th November. Shortlisting will take place on 3rd December and a date set for interviews the following week.
The monthly accounts were presented and noted. The current account is £19465.72 in credit and the deposit account £3133.08 in credit. Although most of these funds are allocated as indicated by the monthly accounts which are circulated to all Councillors prior to each meeting. The following payments were approved:
- Zoom September Payment (shared with Weston with Gayton PC) – £7.19
- Clerk Extra hours, and expenses £72.65
- Holmes – Village Maintenance – £135.00
Of the internal auditors contacted from the SPCA list, two provided a quote, both were considered. Resolved by unanimous vote to appoint Toplis Associates Ltd. At a total cost of £117 + VAT plus any travel costs and out of pocket expenses.
The final draft of the 2021/22 budget was considered, and the budget line for training was increased. Resolved by unanimous vote to approve the 2021/22 budget and submit a precept request of £11,179 plus £520 Concurrent Function funding. Tax base figures have not yet been provided by Stafford Borough Council but based on last year’s figures, this represents a 1.6% increase or a total of 59 pence extra per household per year.
14. Councillor Information and items for the next Agenda
15. Date of next meeting.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 27th January 2021 at 7:30pm over the virtual platform Zoom. Joining instructions will be published on the Agenda. The meeting closed at 8.33pm
………………………………………………… Clerk 27.01.21
………………………………………… Cllr Michael Shelley …………………………………..Date