Parish Council Meeting 23 September 2020
Parish Council Meeting
Wednesday 23rd September 2020 at 7.30pm
This meeting will be held virtually via the platform Zoom. The meeting can be accessed by clicking the following link
Using the following meeting ID: 953 9997 2648 and Password: 992590
You can also access via telephone by dialling 0208 080 6592, 0330 088 5830 or 0131 460 1196 and entering the ID and Password as above.
If you have a question or issue you would like to raise with the Parish Council, please email the Parish Clerk at least one day in advance of the meeting at email@example.com
1. Chairman’s Welcome
3. Minutes of the last meeting
4. Matters Arising
5. Public Participation
6. Borough Councillor’s Report
7. County Councillor’s Report
• 20/32945/HOU at Home Lea, Sharpley Heath Road, Hilderstone, Stone. ST15 8SJ.
9. Traffic and Highways
• Speed Device first month data analysis.
10. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village
11. Village Events
• To approve the monthly payments
• To note the NALC National Pay Award and amendment to Clerk monthly salary payments.
15. Date of next meeting – 28th October 2020
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 23rd September 2020 at 7:30pm
The meeting was held using the Virtual Platform Zoom
Present: Cllr. Stringer (Vice Chairman and Chair of the meeting), Cllr. Crump, Cllr. Clark, Cllr. J Davies, Cllr. P Davies, Stafford Borough Cllr. Harp and Mrs Amanda Kingston (Clerk).
There were no members of the public present.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
Cllr. Stringer welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Cllr. Shelley (Chairman)
3. Minutes of the last meeting.
These were read, approved and signed by the Chair of the meeting.
4. Matters Arising.
5. Public Participation
6. Stafford Borough Councillor’s Report.
A query was raised regarding building work at a property in Cotwalton Lane. Councillor Harp to follow up with Stafford Borough Council Planning.
7. Staffordshire County Councillor’s Report.
Application 20/32945/HOU at Home Lea, Sharpley Heath Road, Hilderstone. The Parish Council have no objections to this application.
9. Traffic and Highways
The first two months of data have been downloaded from the Speed Indicator Device at Eastholme. Copies of the reports will be made available on the website at www.hilderstone.org.uk
Clerk to obtain quotes to install an additional post and solar panels at the other end of the village. This would enable the current device to move between the two locations. Clerk to liaise with Staffordshire County Council Highways to determine a suitable location and bring back to the next meeting.
10. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village.
Cllr. P Davies will walk Footpath 12 and take pictures of the path where it is blocked to report to rights of way.
Concerns were raised regarding a stile on footpath 16. Cllr. P Davies to take pictures and report to rights of way.
The road surface in Dingle Lane is in poor condition. Clerk to report to SCC Highways.
Streetlight 4 by the children’s play area in Dingle Lane has been repaired.
The HGV advisory road sign on the B5027 on approach to the village has been knocked down. Clerk to report to SCC Highways.
11. Village Events.
The Village Market is running every Thursday from 9am to 12pm.
A small Harvest festival was held at Christ Church Hilderstone. All food donated was delivered to Hilderstone Hall for inclusion in the foodbank.
• Stone Area Parish Liaison Group provided copies of an ongoing dialogue with Stafford Brough Council regarding the involvement of Parish Councils in the planning process.
• The Stafford Borough Council Parish Forum will be held at 7pm 24th September 2020 over the virtual platform zoom.
• A local resident asked if there was a weight limit on the B5066 through Hilderstone. Clerk has responded that there is no weight limit.
The monthly accounts were presented and noted. The current account is £14562.81 in credit and the deposit account £3133.02 in credit. Although most of these funds are allocated as indicated by the monthly accounts which are circulated to all Councillors prior to each meeting. The following payments were approved:
1. Parish Clerk back pay and expenses – £46.35
2. Zoom July & August (shared with Weston with Gayton PC) – £14.39
3. Replacement Bench for the Village Green – £195.00
4. Village Maintenance – £56.25
14. Any Other Business
Stone will be having Christmas lights but no switch on event this year. Stone Town Council have set up a working group to encourage more people back into the town centre.
15. Date of next meeting.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 28th October 2020 at 7:30pm over the virtual platform Zoom. Joining instructions will be published on the Agenda. The meeting closed at 8.42pm
………………………………………………… Clerk 28.10.20
………………………………………… Cllr Michael Shelley …………………………………..Date