Parish Council Meeting 24 June 2020
Parish Council Meeting
Wednesday 24th June 2020 at 7.30pm
This meeting will be held virtually via the platform Zoom. The meeting can be accessed by clicking the following link
Using the following meeting ID: 953 9997 2648 and Password: 992590
You can also access via telephone by dialling 0208 080 6592, 0330 088 5830 or 0131 460 1196 and entering the ID and Password as above.
If you have a question or issue you would like to raise with the Parish Council, please email the Parish Clerk at least one day in advance of the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairman’s Welcome
- Minutes of the last meeting
- Matters Arising
- Public Participation
- Borough Councillor’s Report
- County Councillor’s Report
- Traffic and Highways
- Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village
- To Consider the replacement of the bench at the play area
- Village Events
- To approve the monthly payments
- To receive and note the annual internal audit report
- To agree the Annual Governance Statement 2019/20
- To agree the Annual Accounting Statements for 2019/20
- To confirm eligibility of exemption from limited assurance review by Mazars and certify as exempt
- To set the period for the exercise of public rights.
- Date of next meeting – 22nd July 2020
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 24th June 2020 at 7:30pm
The meeting was held using the Virtual Platform Zoom
Present: Cllr. Shelley (Chairman), Cllr. Stringer (Vice Chairman), Cllr. Crump, Cllr. Clark, Cllr. P Davies, Cllr. J Davies, Cllr. Woodward, Staffordshire County Cllr. Parry and Mrs Amanda Kingston (Clerk).
There were no members of the public present.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
Cllr. Shelley welcomed everyone to the meeting.
3. Minutes of the last meeting.
These were read, approved and signed by the Clerk. Copies to be signed by the Chairman at the first physical meeting of the Council once public meetings are reinstated.
4. Matters Arising.
5. Public Participation
6. Stafford Borough Councillor’s Report.
7. Staffordshire County Councillor’s Report.
Status of Earlier Applications:
20/32160/FUL at Field Off Cresswell Road, Hilderstone, Stone Staffordshire – New track to serve stables and grazing land Awaiting decision.
20/32240/HOU at 6 The Meadows, Hilderstone, Stone, ST15 8XT – Single storey side extension and new boundary wall. Awaiting decision.
9. Traffic and Highways
Concerns have been raised regarding the speed and volume of traffic through the village. The Speed Indicator Device which has been purchased via a grant from the Staffordshire Safer Roads Partnership will be delivered in the next two weeks. The device will be installed at Eastholme. Cllr. Parry to help arrange installation. There is a tree which may prevent a clear line of vision to the speed device during the summer months. The PC will arrange to have the tree cut back once the device is in situ.
The possibility of installing an additional Speed Indicator Device by the telephone box to slow traffic approaching from the other end of the village was considered. It was agreed to await the data from the new device at Eastholme before taking this further.
Concerns were raised regarding the overgrown hedge near the Roebuck. Cllr. Shelley to speak to the homeowners.
10. Footpaths, Village Maintenance and Best Kept Village.
Weedkilling and general maintenance has been undertaken around the village including the clearance of footpath 14. A number of volunteers have come forward to take on the maintenance and watering of the planters in the village. The PC formally extend their thanks to all volunteers involved.
The bench at the play area in Dingle Lane has been vandalised and is beyond repair. The dedication plaque has been removed and quotes will be obtained for a replacement.
11. Village Events.
The Village Market is running every Thursday from the Village Hall.
• Email regarding dog fouling in Whitesytch Lane – would like stickers displayed and consideration of provision of a poo bin. Clerk has reported to Stafford Borough Council.
• Email re: Cowleasow Lane concern with volume and speed of traffic using the lane was noted.
• Update on Hilderstone support.network and traffic speeds including concern regarding the new Speed Indicator Device was noted. Clerk to respond.
The monthly accounts were presented and noted. The current account is £18,587.94 in credit and the deposit account £3132.94 in credit. Although most of these funds are allocated as indicated by the monthly accounts which are circulated to all Councillors prior to each meeting. The following payments were approved:
1. Parish Clerk – website development – £185.85
2. Internal Audit of Accounts – £50.00
3. Weston Ground Maintenance – £214.80
4. W H Holmes Village Maintenance – £137.50
5. Staffordshire County Council Website Hosting – £125.00
6. Zoom Virtual Meeting subscription (shared with Weston with Gayton PC) – £7.20
The report of the Internal Auditor was received and noted.
The Annual Governance Statement for the AGAR year ending March 2020 was considered. Resolved by unanimous agreement that the Parish Council approve the Annual Governance Statement. This was signed by the Chairman Cllr. Shelley.
The Annual Accounting Statements for the AGAR year ending March 2020 was considered. Resolved by unanimous agreement that the Parish Council approve the Annual Return Accounting Statement. The completed forms were signed by the Chairman Cllr. Shelley.
The bank reconciliation and explanation of significant variances were noted.
Resolved to set the period for the exercise of public rights to commence on the 29th June 2020.
The Certificate of Exemption was considered. Resolved by unanimous agreement that the certificate of exemption be approved. The form was signed by the Chairman Cllr. Shelley.
14. Any Other Business
The Clerk has attended a website accessibility requirements course. All documents on the website will require re-formatting and reloading to ensure compliance by the deadline in September 2020.
Stone Town Market will resume on the 4th July.
15. Date of next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 22nd July 2020 at 7:30pm over the virtual platform Zoom. Joining instructions will be published on the Agenda. The meeting closed at 9pm
………………………………………………… Clerk 22.07.2020
………………………………………… Cllr Michael Shelley …………………………………..Date