Parish Council 27 February 2019
Parish Council Meeting
Wednesday 27th February 2019 at 7.30pm
Village Hall, Hilderstone
- Chairman’s Welcome
- Minutes of the last meeting
- Matters arising
- Public Participation
- Borough Councillor’s Report
- County Councillor’s Report
- Traffic and Highways
- Footpaths/Village Maintenance/Best Kept Village
- Tree planting – memorial
- Village Events
- Planning for the Annual Parish Meeting
- Meeting dates for 2019
- Date of next meeting to include the Annual Parish Meeting – 20th March 2019
Hilderstone Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 27th February 2019 at 7:30pm
Present: Cllr. Shelley (Chairman), Cllr. Crump, Cllr. Stringer (Vice Chairman), Cllr. Woodward, Cllr. P Davies, Cllr. Clark, Cllr. J Davies, Stafford Borough Cllr. Harp and Mrs Amanda Kingston (Clerk). There were no members of the public or press present.
1. Chairman’s Welcome. Cllr. Shelley welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. Apologies. None
3. Minutes of the last meeting. These were read, approved and signed.
4. Matters arising. None
5. Public Participation. None
6. Borough Councillor’s Report. Council Tax for Stafford Borough Council has been approved with less than a 2% increase. Cllr. Harp informed the meeting that a member of the public had expressed concerns regarding the relocation of a garden wall following the refusal of a recent planning application. Cllr. Harp has passed the details to planning enforcement, Cllr. Clark will have a look at the property and feed back to the Parish Council.
7. County Councillor’s Report. Cllr. Parry was not in attendance to provide a report.
8. Planning. There were no new planning applications.
Status of Earlier Applications:
18/29810/LBC Yew Tree House Sandon Road Hilderstone Stone ST15 8SF
Demolishing the existing outshuts to the listed farmhouse with in conservation area and replaced with single storey extension in same location, relocation of porch door. Awaiting Decision.
18/29809/HOU Yew Tree House, Sandon Road, Hilderstone, Stone, ST15 8SF
Demolishing the existing extensions to listed farmhouse with in conservation area and replaced with single storey extension in same location, relocation of porch door. In conjunction with 18/29810/LBC Awaiting Decision.
18/29729/FUL Land At Former Bird In Hand, Sandon Road, Sharpley Heath, Stone, Staffordshire. Revised design and minor amendments to previously approved stable and barn/store to include revision of roof pitch and repositioning on same site Refusal.
18/29705/HOU Ash Grange, Sandon Road, Hilderstone, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 8RT. Side extension. Allowed.
18/29577/HOU at Netherfield 7 Barnes Croft, Hilderstone, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 8XU. Conversion of loft space in existing garage to habitable room with toilet facilities plus four roof lights. Re siting existing garden wall to edge of homeowner boundary, retaining existing grassed service strip. Refusal.
9. Traffic and Highways. A discussion was held regarding potholes. The Clerk informed the meeting that quotes have been obtained for both a replacement Vehicle Activated Sign (VAS) and a Speed Indicator Device (SID), however SCC Highways have requested the Parish Council do not go ahead with a purchase yet as they are working on a co-ordinated approach to replacements across the county.
A sign has been knocked over on the buildout outside the Church on Creswell Road. Clerk to report to SCC Highways.
Concern was raised regarding the issue of blocked drains on Roebuck Hill.
10. Footpaths/Village Maintenance/Best Kept Village. A pyracantha shrub is overgrowing a footpath and requires cutting back. Clerk to write to the property owner.
The BKV submission was finalised, and a payment of £25.75 approved to cover the entry fee and 6 A5 posters. Clerk to submit. A query was raised regarding the theme for the Children’s poster competition. Clerk to follow up and feedback.
Tree planting as a memorial to fallen soldiers from the First War was considered. It was agreed that 7 trees be planted near the play area. Cllrs. Clark and Crump to follow up. Costings to be brought to the next meeting.
11. Village Events. The Chocolate Bingo event, held on the 2nd February went well.
Hilderstone Annual Parish Meeting, Wednesday 20th March at 7pm in Hilderstone Village Hall
Village Market, Sunday 31st March 10am to 4pm in Hilderstone Village Hall.
Jumble Sale, Saturday 6th April at 2pm in Hilderstone Village Hall. Donations will be received from 10am on the day.
Race Night, Saturday 6th April – More details to follow.
Annual Village Dinner Party Saturday 11th May at 7 for 7:30pm in Hilderstone Village Hall.
Children’s Party, Saturday 22nd June 6pm to 8pm in Hilderstone Village Hall.
Hilderstone Village Fair, Saturday 20th July 2pm to 4pm.
Hilderstone Village Christmas Party, Tuesday 17th December. More details to follow.
• Fulford & District Community First Responders – donation request letter. Resolved by unanimous agreement to donate £30.
• People Helping People – request for information from Staffordshire County Council. Clerk to respond.
• Members Digest 252
• The Member of the public requesting the bus shelter in Moss Lane is no longer in a position to remove the Shelter.
Members Digest 249 (Cllr. Crump) Contained a breakdown of the budget information (pp2.1-2.126) and details of the committee cycle 2019-20 (pp2.127-2.139). Details of the Neighbourhood plan for Stone was also included (pp2.140-2.155).
Details of a Litter picking presentation were covered on p6.35. It costs £1m to keep Stafford clean. The presentation outlined how Parish Councils can get involved and included examples of free posters available.
p6.42 The owners of The Lounge, Stone have been ordered to pay more than £4000 for breaking food safety rules.
P6.43 A dog owner in Rugeley was fined £75 for throwing a dog poo bag in a hedge.
P6.44 Evie Stanley (aged 10) designed an anti-litter poster to help reduce litter in Stafford. It also appears on Thank you cards given out by the Mayor of Stafford.
Members’ Digest 250 pp1.1-2.3 The ownership of Milwich Play Area has been transferred to Milwich and Fradswell Parish Council
13. Finance. The monthly accounts were presented and signed by the Chairman. The current account is £11,447.93 in credit and the deposit account £3124.64 in credit. Although most of these funds are allocated as indicated by the monthly accounts which are circulated to all Councillors prior to each meeting. The following payments were approved:
1. OVH Virtual Server – 6 month renewal for the website – £38.95
2. Additional sets of keys and padlock for noticeboards – £20.95
3. HMRC PAYE submission – £17.40
4. Clerk expenses – £2.70
5. Grass Cutting Daffodil Bank – costs for past two years – £576.00
6. Best Kept Village Entry costs and posters – £25.75
7. Fulford and District First Responders Donation – £30
14. Meeting dates 2019. The Meeting dates for 2019 were agreed. The meetings will continue to be held on the fourth Wednesday of each month except for the March meeting which will be held on the 20th March. There will be no meeting in August or December.
15. Any Other Business. The Clerk provided an update on the forthcoming Parish and Borough Council Elections. The Clerk will bring a pack of nomination forms to the Parish Council meeting on the 20th March for whomever would like to collect one.
Cllr. Crump extended apologies for the 20th March Meeting and asked if the Parish Council required a zero tolerance statement. The Clerk advised that there has been no need for one to date, however this can be revised at any time.
Cllr. J Davies provided feedback from the recent Stone Parish Liaison Meeting.
Cllr. Woodward attended the Mayor’s Ball.
Cllr. Clark informed the meeting that the font at the church has been re-located and formal approval received from the Diocese of Lichfield to improve access.
16. Date of next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 7pm for the Annual Parish Meeting followed at 7:30pm by the Parish Council meeting. The meeting closed at 9.40pm
………………………………………………… Cllr. M. Shelley, Chairman. 20.03.19