Parish Council Meeting 20 May 2020
Parish Council Meeting
Wednesday 20th May 2020 at 7.30pm
This meeting will be held virtually via the platform Zoom. The meeting can be accessed by clicking the following link
and entering the following details Meeting ID: 836 2917 8528 and Password: 028863.
Please note, there is no public participation section. This is due to the complexities of managing a public participation section in a virtual context. Members of the public are invited to join the meeting as observers, but may not participate. If you have a question or issue you would like to raise with the Parish Council, please email the Parish Clerk at least one day in advance of the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairman’s Welcome
- To approve the Virtual Meeting Policy
- Minutes of the last meeting
- 20/32160/FUL at Field Off Cresswell Road, Hilderstone, Stone Staffordshire
- 20/32240/HOU at6 The Meadows, Hilderstone, Stone, ST15 8XT
- To discuss any issues relating to Highways, Grounds Maintenance or Rights of Way that require urgent action during the period of closedown.
- To approve the monthly payments
- To agree appointment of Internal Auditor for 2020-21
- Delegated Authority – Response to Covid 19
To formally agree delegation of decisions to the Parish Clerk until such a time as public meetings are permitted.
- To discuss Annual Meeting of the Council – changes to legislative requirements and whether to hold prior to May 2021
- Date and frequency of future meetings.
Hilderstone Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 20th May 2020 at 7:30pm
The meeting was held using the Virtual Platform Zoom
Present: Cllr. Shelley (Chairman), Cllr. Stringer (Vice Chairman), Cllr. Crump, Cllr. Clark, Cllr. P Davies, Cllr. J Davies, Stafford Borough Cllr. Harp and Mrs Amanda Kingston (Clerk).
There were no members of the public present.
1. Chairman’s Welcome. Cllr. Shelley welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. Apologies. Cllr. Woodward
3. Virtual Meeting Policy. The draft Virtual Meeting Policy was considered. Resolved by unanimous agreement to adopt the Virtual Meeting Policy. Clerk to add to the website.
4. Minutes of the last meeting. These were read, approved and signed by the Clerk. Copies to be signed by the Chairman at the first physical meeting of the Council once public meetings are reinstated.
5. Planning. 20/32160/FUL at Field Off Cresswell Road, Hilderstone, Stone Staffordshire – New track to serve stables and grazing land. Resolved the Parish Council have no objections to the application.
20/32240/HOU at 6 The Meadows, Hilderstone, Stone, ST15 8XT – Single storey side extension and new boundary wall. Resolved the Parish Council have no objections to the application.
Status of Earlier Applications: None
6. Highways, Grounds Maintenance and Rights of Way. Grounds maintenance work is required along the walkway between Barnes Croft and Brampton Croft and at the play area in Dingle Lane. Clerk to speak to Weston Grounds Maintenance.
Speeding traffic is causing concern. Clerk to see if any progress can be made on the delivery of the speed indicator device.
Following a notice on the Village Information Network, volunteers have come forward to maintain the flower boxes around the village. The Parish Council extend their thanks to those who have taken on this role.
Concerns were raised regarding the accessibility of footpath 12. Cllr. P Davies to follow up.
There has been an incident of fly tipping in Cotwalton Lane.
7. Finance. The monthly accounts were presented and noted. The current account is £19,929.14 in credit and the deposit account £3132.44 in credit. Although most of these funds are allocated as indicated by the monthly accounts which are circulated to all Councillors prior to each meeting. The following payments were approved:
1. GCS Shropshire Ltd. Post Installation for the Speed Device – £570
2. BHIB Insurance – £220.94
3. 123 Reg Domain Renewal – £28.78
4. OVH Virtual Server Renewal – £61.16
5. SPCA Annual Subscription – £192
The following payments authorised during the lockdown period between the last meeting in February and this meeting were noted:
1. Clerk home office allowance for 2019/20 – £168
2. Chairman’s Allowance – £361
3. Village Hall contribution to office space 2019/20 – £110
4. Planning Training course – £25
5. Village Maintenance – £144
The Annual Insurance Renewal was considered Resolved by unanimous agreement to approve the renewal.
The Clerk informed the meeting that Christine Heelis will no longer be undertaking the Internal Audit once she has completed those required for the end of the 2019/20 financial year. The Clerk will obtain quotes from other auditors for the current financial year.
The purchase of the professional version of Zoom was considered to enable those without internet access to join the meeting via the telephone and to remove the 40minute time limit. Resolved by unanimous agreement to purchase the full Zoom package at a cost of £14.50 per month. This will be renewed monthly until such as time as virtual meetings are no longer required.
8. Delegated Authority. Resolved that the Council delegates authority to the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman to take any actions necessary with associated expenditure to protect the interests of the community and ensure council business continuity during the period of the pandemic Coronavirus, informed by consultation with the members of the council
9. Annual Meeting of the Council. The postponement or re-scheduling of the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Parish Council, usually held in May, was considered. Resolved In light of the recent change in legislation removing the requirement to hold the annual meeting within the current financial year, to hold the next Annual Meeting of the Parish Council in May 2021.
10. Date of next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 24th June 2020 at 7:30pm over the virtual platform Zoom. Joining instructions will be published on the Agenda. The meeting closed at 8.10pm
………………………………………………… Clerk 24.06.2020
………………………………………… Cllr Michael Shelley …………………………………..Date